Lee Ann C. Thigpen
Location:One Jackson Place
188 East Capitol Street
Jackson, MS 39201
Lee Ann Thigpen has the unique ability to shuttle between multiple issues, legal proceedings, and a geographically diverse client base while staying focused. Detail-oriented and analytical, her goal in every case is to find creative solutions for her clients. Ms. Thigpen’s ability to communicate the most complex issues in an easy-to-understand manner has proven to be a valuable asset to CWP.
Ms. Thigpen’s practice is predominantly complex insurance coverage disputes representing both domestic and international insurers and reinsurers primarily in energy-related industries. Her attention to detail and concise analysis are instrumental in assisting her clients in the evaluation of claims. Ms. Thigpen’s practice also includes large loss subrogation in multiple venues, including Mississippi, Texas, and Florida, resulting in the recovery of more than $13 million for her clients in recent years.
Professional Affiliations and Achievements
- American Bar Association
- The Mississippi Bar
- Capital Area Bar Association
- Executive Committee of Litigation Section for the Mississippi Bar
- State Bar of Texas
- Louisiana State Bar
- AIDA Reinsurance & Insurance Arbitration Society (ARIAS-US)
- Mississippi State Courts
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Mississippi
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Mississippi
- Texas State Courts
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- Louisiana State Courts
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana
- University of Mississippi (B.A., Political Science and German, magna cum laude, 1998)
- University of Mississippi School of Law (J.D., 2000)
- Commercial Insurance and Reinsurance Litigation and Arbitration
- Large Loss Subrogation
- Large Loss Litigation
- Insurance Coverage Litigation
- Errors and Omissions Litigation
- General Civil Litigation
- Ms. Thigpen is actively involved in the Junior League of Jackson serving as a volunteer since 2006. From 2012–2013, she also served on the Board of Directors for the Junior League of Jackson, in addition to her other volunteer duties.
- Ms. Thigpen serves on the Board of Directors for New Stage Theater, Jackson’s only independent, professional theater.