Location:One Jackson Place
188 East Capitol Street
Jackson, MS 39201
Justin Sumrall’s practice at CWP is primarily focused on advising domestic and international insurance and reinsurance clients in a variety of major first-party property losses.
Mr. Sumrall’s ambition and natural leadership abilities were evident throughout his law school education. At the University of Mississippi School of Law, he was a member of the Mississippi Law Journal. It was there that he developed strong research and writing skills, which earned him a promotion to Staff Editor, rising to Executive Editor shortly thereafter. Mr. Sumrall also served as President of the Christian Legal Society during law school.
An integral part of the CWP team, Mr. Sumrall brings a wealth of skill, expertise, and diligent hard work to every case.
Professional Affiliations and Achievements
- Outstanding Student Award in Corporations, Constitutional Law II, and Municipal Law
- Mississippi Law Journal Award
- Phi Delta Phi Legal Honors Society
- Mississippi State Courts
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Mississippi
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Mississippi
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- Mississippi State University (B.A., summa cum laude, 2013)
- University of Mississippi (J.D., summa cum laude, 2016)
- Property and Casualty Loss Coverage
- General Civil Litigation and Arbitration
- Justin Sumrall, Miranda and the Requirement of Rewarning: Analogizing Mosley and Edwards to Protect Post-Waiver Defendants, 14 Dartmouth L. J. 102 (2016).
- Troy Farrell Odom & Justin Sumrall, Mississippi, 3 Tex. A&M J. Prop. L. (Surv. on Oil & Gas) 49 (2017).