Erin D. Guyton
Location:One Jackson Place
188 East Capitol Street
Jackson, MS 39201
“CWP is a team of passionate and talented attorneys who challenge and encourage one another in order to provide the highest quality service to their clients.”
Erin D. Guyton’s practice areas involve matters of Commercial Insurance Litigation and Arbitration, Property and Casualty Loss Coverage, and Complex Civil Litigation. Ms. Guyton joined CWP with an impressive background of study, which included graduating magna cum laude from the University of Mississippi’s Sally McDonnell Barksdale Honors College, earning her law degree with cum laude honors from the University of Mississippi School of Law, and studying international and comparative law at Downing College, University of Cambridge. During law school, Ms. Guyton served as Associate Articles Editor for the Mississippi Law Journal and was a member of two competition teams for the Moot Court Appellate Advocacy Board. She has authored and co-authored articles in leading publications on various insurance matters, including property insurance coverage litigation and defense under a reservation of rights.
Professional Affiliations and Achievements
- American Bar Association
- The Mississippi Bar
- Jackson Young Lawyers
- Capitol Area Bar Association
- Mississippi Women Lawyers’ Association
- Vice-chair, ABA Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section – Property Insurance Law Committee
- Treasurer – Jackson Young Lawyers
- ABA – Young Lawyers Division Affiliate Blog Team
- Mississippi State Courts
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Mississippi
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Mississippi
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- University of Mississippi, Sally McDonnell Barksdale Honors College (B.A., magna cum laude, 2006)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Phi Kappa Phi
- University of Mississippi School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2013)
- Associate Articles Editor, Mississippi Law Journal
- University of Mississippi School of Law Moot Court Board
- Outstanding Student Award; Fourth Amendment Seminar
- Commercial Insurance Litigation and Arbitration
- Property and Casualty Loss Coverage
- Complex Civil Litigation
- Tweeting “Fire” in a Crowded Theater: Distinguishing Between Advocacy and Incitement in the Social Media World, 82 Miss. L. J. 689 (2013).
- Early Neutral Evaluation, The Mississippi Lawyer Volume 60, No. 2 (Winter 2014).
- Co-author, Defending Under a Reservation of Rights: Mississippi Insurance Defense in the Wake of Moeller and Its Progeny, 83 Miss. L.J. 1219 (2014).
- Co-author, Recent Developments in Property Insurance Coverage Litigation, Tort Trial & Ins. Prac. L. J. Vol. 51:2, Issue 2 (Winter 2016).
- Co-author, Recent Developments in Property Insurance Coverage Litigation, Tort Trial & Ins. Prac. L. J. Vol. 52:2, Issue 2 (Winter 2017).